Thursday, May 10, 2007

My First Tornado


A screen grab of my first tornado, which touched down about 15 miles northeast of Coldwater, Kansas. Here's a link to the video, which I shot on a Canon HV-20 HiDef video camera at 1080i resolution, although it's much smaller than that on Google Video.

I was on the west side of the storm, hence the bad lighting and noisy image. I'm not sure how far away I am here, but next time I want to be on the east side of the storm and within a mile of the ground contact.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 9:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on your first torn! Hopefully you will have many more memorable chases in the future.

 
At 9:41 PM, Blogger guruphiliac said...

Thanks a ton, Bill. I sure had fun on this chase, although I only really scored on one of the three days I was out. Next time I'll have some more fuel funds in reserve so I can more aggressively pursue cells I passed on this time to save gas.

If there's one thing you can't do chasing, it's save gas...

 
At 11:01 PM, Blogger Charlie said...

wow...seems like fun and interesting congrats

 

Post a Comment

<< Home