Thursday, March 22, 2007

Chase One: The Epilouge

I left Shamrock yesterday with no supercells spotted, but I did gain a bit of experience, like learning that not all chasers are as happy to see other chasers as I am. On the other hand, the equipment turned out to work quite well. It's a blast to be able to sit on the side of the road in your vehicle and be online.

Regardless of the fact this chase was mostly a bust, I love the long distance driving, made all the more so by the fact I live one state to the west of most of the action. I just wish gas was cheaper right now. The total distance driven on this chase was 862 miles.



Here's a bit of weather I did see yesterday. These cells were east and southeast of Amarillo, Texas.

So now on to tomorrow's chase, which will start in Roswell, New Mexico and points probably south and east. At least it begins in the same state I live in. I'll try to update the blog from the road again. Hopefully with the low passing overhead, a bit more robust activity is on the menu.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home