Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Greetings from Shamrock, TX


This may be a dead armadillo, but I'm feeling pretty skunked right now. Outside a very few cirrus clouds very south of here, there's nothing happening in the sky except the hot Texas sun. All the action is up north, making today's chase pretty much a bust. The guy at the Shell station in Canadian, TX, recommended waiting until dusk. He was feeling a storm coming in his bones. I'm going to wait here until late afternoon, but the way it looks now, I came out to chase a few days too early.

Update: Convection is starting to fire (barely) along the dry line north of Shamrock. I've pulled off U.S. 62 to watch and make a time lapse study after I was rudely rejected by a couple of chasers waiting in the parking lot at MacDonald's. I guess I'll never get to be one of the cool kids.

The dynamics are looking quite meager at the moment. This may be a bust, but at least there are clouds in the sky now.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home